Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fruit and Herbs makes the best salad: Basil and Watermelon Salad.


This is my very first post on my new blog. I am still not sure what direction I want this blog to go. But I know if I start posting and ask my readers to guide me I will know where I need to and want to go. So here is simple and summery recipe to get started. I know it's fall but this year summer has been so short that I am intending on holding on to every but of it I can get. Simple, fruity and healthy, you can have it all without compromising the taste.

Ingredients:
  • 1lb Seedless Watermelon cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 Nectarine Sliced into small pieces
  • Few Leaves of fresh Basil roughly chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice (Adjust according to your taste)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoon of Feta Cheese
How to Prepare?:
  1. Arrange the watermelon and nectarine in a serving plate. (Use deep dish)
  2. Except cheese, add rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make dressing
  3. Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon just before serving
  4. Top it with feta cheese
  5. Enjoy the sweet, tangy, fresh salad with your loved ones
Note: Fruits can be substituted or added according to your preference. Example apple, grapes, pear, peaches etc

Another Note: Make it your own and share with us. I would love to know how you made this recipe your own or any comments or suggestion you have for the blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment